amazon associates FAQ
Thank you for supporting Friends of Castle Heights with your Amazon shopping. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions that we hope will resolve any questions you may have about this important fundraising program. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us.
What is the Friends of Castle Heights Amazon Associates program?
Amazon Associates is a fundraising program whereby a percentage of your qualifying Amazon purchases will go to Friends of Castle Heights, the non profit organization that directly funds enrichment programs for Castle Heights Elementary School. Amazon Associates allows us to raise crucial funds for our school at no additional cost to you.
How do I shop on Amazon Associates to support Friends of Castle Heights?
1. Go to the Castle Heights Elementary School homepage.
2. Click on the Amazon logo.
3. You will land on the Amazon Smile page. The first time you visit this page you may need to log in to your Amazon account and pick a charity. Please select: “Friends of Castle Heights.”
4. Done! Shop as you normally do, knowing that you are supporting our school at no additional cost to you!
5. Bookmark the Castle Heights website and remember to click through the site EVERY TIME YOU SHOP!
Why is the link taking me to the Amazon Smile page?
Amazon Associates and Amazon Smile are combined into one link from the Castle Heights website. Friends of Castle Heights is a 501c3 non-profit organization, which allows us to combine the returns from both programs. The link takes you to the Smile site because that is how Amazon can track both programs at once so we can receive the combined returns.
How do I know the Amazon link on the Castle Heights web site is working?
Whenever you shop, you will see “Supporting: Friends of Castle Heights” on every page, which confirms that you are contributing to the school with your shopping.
What if the charity on my Amazon Smile page is not “Friends of Castle Heights”?
If you have already been using Amazon Smile and have a different charity selected, you will want to change your charity using the following steps:
1. In the top middle of your browser window where it says: “Supporting: [Charity’s Name]” hover your cursor over the charity’s name and a drop-down menu will appear.
2. Click on “Change” next to the name of your current charity.
3. You will be taken to the “Change Your Charity” page on your account.
4. In the “Or pick your own charitable organization” search box write: “Friends of Castle Heights” and click “Search.”
5. Select “Friends of Castle Heights.” Done! “Supporting: Friends of Castle Heights” will now appear on the top of your Amazon Smile page.
6. Shop as you normally do, but don’t forget to click thru the Castle Heights website every time you shop.
Why do I have to click through the Castle Heights website every time I shop?
In order for Amazon Associates to track your purchases, you must use the Amazon link on our school website. Any direct purchases from Amazon won’t count so please bookmark the link to Castle Heights' website and remember to CLICK THROUGH OUR SCHOOL WEBSITE EVERY TIME YOU SHOP!
If I go straight to Amazon and fill my shopping cart and then click through the Castle Heights site to fulfill my purchase, will the school get the return?
No. The only way Amazon Associates can track your purchases is if you click through the Castle Heights website and fill your cart during that initial session and complete the purchase within 24 hours. If you skip the school site and go straight to Amazon to fill your cart, even if you click through the school site later to complete the purchase, it will not count.
Does this program work for mobile purchases?
Yes! From your phone follow the normal directions of clicking through the Amazon logo on the Castle Heights website, and your purchases will count towards our Associates/Smile program. Please don’t use the Amazon App on your phone as those purchases won’t count.
Why can’t I shop directly on Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile only gives a 0.5% return so please don’t forget to click through our Castle Heights web site so we receive the much higher Associates rate of 4-10% in addition to the Smile rate.
What percentage return does Friends of Castle Heights receive from my purchases?
There is a standard range of 4-10% for qualifying Amazon Associates purchases, and now with Smile added on, Friends will receive an additional 0.5% return.
How does Friends of Castle Heights receive the money from Amazon?
Amazon automatically deposits the returns into the Friends of Castle Heights account: monthly for the Associates program, and quarterly for the Smile program.